If you are moving goods internationally or within New Zealand, or shifting house within New Zealand, Transit Insurance is a must.
International or Domestic Transit Insurance
Cover both within New Zealand and/or overseas for:
- General cargo: Fragile and/or non fragile
- Fresh, chilled, or frozen product
- Motor vehicles
- Personal watercraft (e.g. jet skis)
- Boats and boat trailers
- Household property (beyond New Zealand)
Shifting house within New Zealand?
Your usual home contents policy does NOT include transit cover. Three types of cover are available for the transit and/or storage of your household contents within New Zealand:
- Storage Only: Household goods and personal effects stored at a professional storage facility pre or post transit may be insured;
- Limited Cover: Accidental loss or damage to property as a direct result of fire, flood, and/or accident to, or overturning of, the conveying vehicle; or,
- All Other Accidental Loss, damage or destruction of property, whilst in transit. NOT available to clients who are moving themselves, i.e. not using a professional carrying company.
Transit Insurance (Marine Cargo)
Covers transit of property imports/exports and/or within New Zealand.